We are looking for qualified technical translators who are comfortable translating from English into several languages to work full-time in our language departments in Cambridge. The position is permanent and there is no possibility of remote work.
– The applicant must have above-average language and translation skills, and a good writing style with accurate spelling and grammar.
– The applicant must be able to work efficiently and to a high standard.
– The applicant must have a professional approach and be committed to quality.
– The applicant should also be able to conform to glossaries and style guides, and to make good use of tools.
– The applicant should be able to work well alone and as part of a team.
– A degree in Translation, English, Publishing, Journalism or similar would be an advantage.
A keen interest in IT and new technologies would also be advantageous.
The company shall reimburse new employees for reasonable relocation expenses, i.e. a return economy class flight or return second-class train journey.
Housing: The employer will provide temporary accommodation for you (for 2 weeks) in a shared house when you arrive in Cambridge and will help you to look for permanent housing.
Family: The employer will help and advise you when you are making arrangements to bring your family to Cambridge.
knowledge of IT platforms and devices
Linguistic experience or training/education required
Testing experience is an advantage
Applicants who can demonstrate strong technical knowledge are of particular interest